Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Restaurant Review: CPK

Last week we decided to head out to Downtown Fullerton with a couple of friends.  Before heading out, we stopped for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen at Main Place.  This wasn't our first choice, but when we saw the wait for Olive Garden we quickly turned the other direction.  I've never been a big fan of a sit down CPK, I prefer CPK ASAP at South Coast Plaza.


We started off with the Crispy Artichoke Hearts from their Small Cravings Menu.  It came with a remoulade sauce which was delicious. I am currently obsessed with artichokes mixed in everything. 


I had the Portobello Mushroom Ravioli with a tomato cream sauce.  You can choose either a tomato sauce or the garlic cream sauce.  I decided to have the best of both worlds. I prefer mushroom ravioli over and other type. I also loved the strands of basil in the dish, it added a nice touch. I would definitely get this again.


Boyfriend got the Garlic Cream Fettuccine. It was a bit too heavy for me, but I loved that you could actually taste the garlic in it. I am pro garlic and tons of it too :)



Steve got the Chicken Lettuce Wraps.  He gave me a piece and it tasted like lettuce wraps you can get anywhere, nothing too special



Hoang got the Broccoli Sun-Dried Tomato Fusilli.  I really liked this because it was light.  Sun-Dried tomatoes adds such a great flavor to pastas. 



Hoang and Daniel shared a half order of the BBQ Chicken Salad. It was your basic BBQ salad, nothing too fancy.  I like that there wasn't too much dressing covering it.

After our dinner party, we headed over to a friends house to do some pre-partying before heading to Downtown Fullerton.  We started off at Matador Cantina where we had a couple of drinks.  Some friends tried meeting us up there, but the line was too long so we left and headed to Cherch Lounge.  The line was not moving at all so we walked on over to Heroes.  I love that bar for their laid back atmosphere and unlimited peanuts.  They have tons of beers on tap and peanut shells covering their floor.  It was definitely my kind of bar.

No comments: