Thursday, January 20, 2011

How to: Roasted Vegetables

Over the past several years, I've really grown to like vegetables.  When cooked perfectly, I can eat them by the pound.  I've found that the best way to cook them is by roasting.  It is the easiest, but take so long to cook.  It is a set it and forget it way of cooking, easy enough for me. 

How to go from this...

 ..to this

Chop up whatever vegetables you want to roast. Make sure you chop them all about the same size so they cook evenly.  Coat them with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Toss them in the oven for 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees.  Half way thru, stir them around. 

Feel free to get creative with what you toss the veggies in.  Sometimes I do garlic salt instead of regular salt, Italian herbs, chili powder, or whatever you have in your spice cabinet.  

In the picture above, I roasted brussel sprouts, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, and bell pepper.  Feel free to toss in any veggies you like.  If you live in Orange County, be sure to stop by Grower's Direct in Costa Mesa.  They have a ton of fresh produce at insanely low prices.  I've never found any bad produce there. 

Enjoy!

No comments: