Monday, June 20, 2011

San Diego: Taste of Gaslamp

Last weekend the boy and I did a quick weekend trip to San Diego.  The main reason for going down there was Taste of Gaslamp.  I had heard such great things about it in previous years and made it a point to make it down there this year.  During our short trip, we spent a lot of time in Little Italy and downtown.  Our hotel was conveniently located between the two. We discovered the Little Italy Mercato Farmer's Market on Saturday morning and browsed around while we waited for Taste of Gaslamp to begin.  This farmer's market has to be one of the best one I've ever been to. I would make the drive down to San Diego on Saturdays just for this.

Moving along to our main topic: Taste of Gaslamp.  $30 for a sampling of foods from 30 places around Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego. Best $30 I've ever spent.  You have 3 hours to take your little punch card to a map of restaurants to try their different dishes.  Here are a couple of my favorites in picture:

 Crab salad on a wonton chip from Nobu
 NY Steak from Palms
Scallop with pearl potato from Airr Supper Club
 Scallop over pea risotto from Soleil K

I am already looking forward to going again next year.

No comments: