Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's (always) Sunny in California


It is official, Spring is here in OC.  The weather is warm, the sun is shining, and girls are prancing around in little girl shorts.  I can't wait to play hooky from class, go to the beach and tan. Maybe I should take note from Jersey Shore and get my GTL on. Rewind back to the weekend:


Friday:


We had free tickets to the Ducks game thanks to the BF's dad.  Seats were 3 rows up from the glass with free VIP parking, alcohol, and food.  No fights=uneventful game. Ducks lost to Nashville 1-0. 


Saturday:


It was spent doing tons of shopping.  It started off at the Boutiquing sale at 10am.  Me and V were able to make it there early enough to get a swag bag full of goodies.  We had a 2 for 1 admittance coupon, but later to find out the lady never gave me my $10 change. I was way too caught up in my swag bag to even notice she hadn't given me my change. Bummer. It's ok because I made out with more than $30 worth of stuff from Foot Petals.  What can I say, I love free stuff and it really eased my $10 loss.


After the sale, we hit up Banzai Bowl down on 17th St in Costa Mesa.  Their acai bowls are AMAZING.  Our acai bowl was topped with blueberries, fresh strawberries, banana, coconut shreds, granola, and drizzled with honey. Don't tell me this doesn't sound delish!


(picture taken from Greers OC)

Shopping continued after lunch.  Off to the new Forever 21 at Cerritos Mall where I spent my life savings a little more than I could afford.  What I bought this weekend will be a separate post :) After all the shopping, we took a much needed nap.  Met up with the BF and some other friends and off to dinner at Banana Bay in Rowland Heights.  Sorry, but no pictures of dinner. We were gonna attempt to bowl at Fountain bowl, but we didn't want to pay the $22 for Cosmic Bowl.  We decided to head over to Silkys for some drinks. The night ended pretty late and with the time change, we knew we were in for a rough early morning.

Sunday:

I had another slumber party with V and woke up early to head out to the OC Marketplace. Walked around and dropped by Trader Joes for some week eats. Had some lunch of pita bread and a newly discovered spicy black bean hummus that I picked up at the Marketplace.  After lunch, we headed out for some more shopping at Metro Pointe.  Spent some more money that I didn't have and snatched up two pairs of summer shoes (will show you in another blog). Dinner was Korean BBQ at Shik Do Rak in Garden Grove with the BF and some others. Exhausted after another shopping filled day and calling it an early night.

It was a wonderful and expensive weekend. I'm glad I did my shopping early and pretty sure I won't shop again for a very long while. Now I'm in bed about to catch up on some McDreamy & McSteamy :)


No comments: