Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Recipe: Spaghetti Squash

I actually made this meal last week, but finally found a way to upload my pictures from my camera.  So from now on, you'll be seeing tons more pictures :)

In hopes of finding ways to cut my carbs, but still eat the dishes I love, I stumbled upon spaghetti squash.  After baking the squash, the scrapings on the insides tastes and looks like spaghetti.  I didn't want to believe this at first, since I am a HUGE pasta lover.  After months of wanting to try it, I finally ventured out of my pasta bubble

First off, set your over at 375 degrees.


 Cut the squash lengthwise and scrape out all the seeds and stringy stuff in the middle


 Rub the inside and rim with some olive oil and season with some salt and lots of pepper. I also added tons of crushed garlic all over the insides and around the rim. I used about 6 cloves.

Then, Fill the baking dish with 1 cup of water and put into oven for an hour



This is what it should look like after an hour of baking.  Let it cool down for 20 minutes then take a fork and scrape out the spaghetti strands.  It should start to look like the one on the right. 



This is your final product.  A bowl full of healthy spaghetti instead of a bowl of carbs.



You can serve it however you like. I had mine topped with sauteed mushrooms, zucchini, and broccoli, then all topped with some marinara sauce with a sprinkle of parm cheese.

 I give this recipe two thumbs up. Both healthy and filling.  Enjoy!

No comments: