Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patty's Day


Remembering back to when I was a kid, St Patty's day meant that you HAD to wear green or you'll come home with bruises.  Some years I would forget to wear green and told people I had on green panties.  When they asked to see, I was quick to tell them my mother wouldn't approve of that ;) 

This morning, I busted through my History midterm and went to TJ's to pick up some pizza stuff all before 11am.  I came home to make my very first green monster.  In my attempt to be healthy, I decided to add some spinach into my breakfast.  I blended up a small banana, 1/4 cup of milk, ice, and filled the rest of the blender with spinach.  For this being my first time making it myself, it was quite delicious.  You can't taste the spinach at all, I promise. From what I hear, drinking this helps with your skin, gives you energy, and super healthy.  This is definitely a keeper, especially since I bought a huge bag of spinach. 

Have a great St. Patty's day and don't forget to wear your green! Don't drink and drive either!

No comments: